With Optum EHR, physicians can access electronic health records seamlessly from any location through a secure and centralized gateway. Combining clinical and business workflows into one comprehensive system helps physicians save staff time, enhance practice productivity, and simplify administrative workflows.
Optum EHR is a:
- Cost-effective, high functionality system with a low pay-as-you-go monthly subscription fee
- Web-based system that provides secure, one-click access to patient charts, refill requests, and lab results from any internet-connected computer
- Powerful solution that is fully integrated with Optum PM and requires no IT staffing, software, or hardware costs
Easy to implement and use
Optum EHR is easy to implement, install, and use and provides a secure alternative to traditional, client-based EHR systems.
With Optum EHR, authorized users can:
- Log in to their EHR and practice management systems (PMS) via a secure web browser using a PC or laptop
- Access patient records and review medications, patient history, recent orders, and test results
- Initiate the process of generating electronic prescriptions and send them to the appropriate pharmacy
Low-cost, high functionality
Optum EHR is available with a low upfront investment and an affordable monthly subscription that allows you to pay as you go and includes the following features:
- Modular implementation options that allow you to only pay for what you use
- All interfaces are built and maintained by Ingenix, so you can be paperless on the first day of implementation
- Ingenix hosts the software and a central library of interfaces so you’ll have instant access to the updates you need
Additional Technology Solutions:
The new E&M Evaluator application helps identify the most appropriate evaluation and management (E&M) CPT® code to use when charging for office visits and consultations.
Continuity of Care Documentation (ccd)
Optum EHR’s CCD helps providers exchange key clinical information and provide a summary of care record for each transition of care and referral.
Enhanced patient privacy and confidentiality
Optum EHR protects the privacy and security of patient’s personal health information (PHI) through its emergency “break the glass” technology available for all patient medical records.
Clinical decision support
Optum EHR will automatically alert physicians of a test or exam required as part of the quality measure pertaining to their practice, and patients will automatically be placed in the appropriate registry based on certain criteria.
Enhanced prescription functionality
Recently, Optum EHR was awarded the highest level of Surescripts® certification available, underscoring our commitment to provide a safe, compliant, and efficient electronic prescription solution.